So I have had this blog for a little over a year and it has already changed. When I started it this was part of what I was affectionately calling the “Year of ME”. Which since I dedicated so much time and effort into doing the thing I wanted I forgot to share them. Well now I’ve reached a point where I want to share things with you guys, my readers. So from here on out I plan to post pretty consistently, no promises. But that is goal number one. Goal number two when it comes to this blog is to post things that I myself would want to read. Be it nerdy or lifestyle posts or just random ramblings. Which I have to admit most of my posts will probably be, I’m a rambler.
In an effort to bring more of me into this blog today’s post is a get to know your blogger post. Time to share some information about me and what I do, or what I think I do anyways. So here goes:
- My name is Anjelica. No one ever says it right or they haven’t for most of my life. Don’t even get me started on all the ways I’ve seen it spelled. I’m named after Anjelica Houston, Mortica in the Addams Family. My friends call me Jel, which is a shortened form of a childhood nickname. Sometimes they call me Turtle which was another nickname. More often than not they still call me Jelly.
- Currently sitting at a quarter of a century years old, 25 for those of you who don’t know what a century is. Which I must say this has probably been the best age for me. Leading up to this point I think I was still a little lost as to what I wanted or who I was. But now I have a mildly better idea of all that good stuff. Which means I am finally, slowly getting my life together.
- I don’t drive. Like at all. I’m working on that. This is the year. Maybe…
- Nerd life is kind of my game. I play roleplaying games, have since I was about ten. Board games. Magic the Gathering. Video games when I have access to consoles or working computers. I binge shows with the best of them. Doctor Who, Supernatural, Sherlock, Criminal Minds, Psych, Gravity Falls…the list is longer but I’d take up to much time with all that. I prefer Star Trek to Star Wars, sorry guys.
- I collect all kinds of things. Disney Vinylmation were a favorite, until they got replaced by Tsum Tsums. Buttons and pins are still a favorite. I have so many, SO MANY. Funko Pops! are kind of becoming a new obsession, whoops. I also kind of love stickers of all kinds. Like a lot and I tend to stick them all over my notebooks, laptop, other objects that I love.
- Reading is probably my favorite hobby. Give me a good book and a sunny day and I am a very happy lady. I have a few favorite authors who probably own tiny parts of my soul (I’m looking at you JK). Currently I am rereading Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. In preparation of the show starting.
- I love traveling. I don’t get to do it often or go anywhere new but I love it all the same. The idea of adventure just ignites something in my soul that makes me happy. Plus the prospect of trying and doing new things is always exciting. In fact I’m hoping to go to a couple of new places. One trip is already planned and quickly approaching (mildly panic attack). The other is still just an idea that I need to plant a bit better into the heads of others.
- Last year in July I started a new job. So far I kind of love it. It’s definitely different then anything else I have ever done. For starters it isn’t retail and that alone gives it winning reviews in my book. Secondly, it’s still fast paced enough that I’m not bored. However it also meant that in November I left my other job because I just couldn’t handle doing both. I miss that job so much sometimes, not to mention the people. But I don’t miss the hours.
Well I think that is a good place to start at. Hopefully you guys can find some things in common with me that make you want to stick around! I promise that my posts will be full of all these fun things and more. And you can hold me to it!
Your friend, Jel